Re: Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks??

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 20:33:32 EST

Jerod J. Husvar wrote:

> Sorry to hear your truck got smashed, but it might be a good thing in
> the long run. Over on the Malibu list a guy had his car hit by a deer
> and did a bunch of damage. I don't know why he thought to ask this, but
> he did... He asked if he could get aftermarket "sporty" parts to
> replace his stock ones. The guy at the body shop said it was fine with
> him and he ended up with a nice new valence on the front and a cowl
> hood. Remember, these things probably cost less that MOPAR charges for
> a stock hood. You could probably even get a nice billet grille out of
> the deal. :)
>
> At the very least it doesn't hurt to ask, ya know?

I tried last year when my '99 was in the shop. By the time I made
contact with the guy at the shop, he'd already ordered an OEM hood and
started giving me a song and dance about how an aftermarket hood
wouldn't be as good quality, blah, blah, blah. He probably has a
directive from his bosses to only use OEM and not allow the customer
anything else because the company is so gung-ho about not using
"cheaper" parts in all their ads.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------