Re: new rims!

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 02:33:07 EST

On Nov 13, 2003, at 20:32, Mallett, Donald B wrote:

>> I need to pull my front mudflaps - their molded shape sticks out into
>> the tire mid-turn (poor ASCII drawing below illustrates mudflap shape)
>>

> Are you talking about wheel wells? If you are, my tires rubbed a
> little on
> the wheel well plastic.

no, I had some plastic add-on mud flaps that hopefully have slowed the
demise of my rocker panels for the last 50k miles. they weren't flat,
but came towards the tire a bit below the bottom of the body - that's
where the tires were rubbing.

I stupidly pulled them off today before going to Wegs (hehe) in the
blowing and cold and snow, and heard no rubbing. There might be a
slightly different story when the suspension is at full bump, but I
won't know that for a while. I'm also going to test my 32x11.5-15
spare when I get the chance - to give myself a very solid baseline for
the absolute biggest tires one can run on a stock Gen III.

Mudders for the Dak got severely backburnered by the pending RamCharger
purchase though.... which means I'm just glad I have a spare - without
having bought a rim - that's only 2 revs per mile off <g>

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech