Re: headlamps

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 21:22:49 EST

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:26:44 -0500, 03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net
(droo) wrote:
>Ok. I put the Sylvania's in a few months ago and I didn't see anything
>really impressive about them because the beam is still pointed way low.
>People on the list suggested maybe they were in upside down. So today I
>finally went out to take a look. You can only put the bulbs in one way so
>they were in correctly. Seems like there is a little bit more adjustment in
>bringing the lamps up higher. So I cranked on those screws a bit. I won't
>know if that made any improvement until it gets dark. I'm really not
>satisfied with the Dodge headlamps. Maybe I'm expecting too much or
>something. I had originally planned on getting some aftermarket driving
>lights and mounting them on a brush guard. But I have decided I don't want
>to get a brush guard anymore and I'm kind of at a loss for mounting the
>lights. I already have the factory fog lights down low and mounting
>additional lights underneath the bumper would make things look weird. I
>suppose I could always just not use the factory fogs, but I do like the
>look they give. :P

You could probably get some special brackets for additional lights (or
make your own) that will attach to the top of the front bumper. I've
seen quite a few Gen III's with lights attached like that.

Another thing I have seen on Gen III's is lights attached in to the
plastic fascia under the bumper.

-Bill