WAS RE: Removing front hub from '98 4X4? NOW Craftsman

From: james.zito@ps.ge.com
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 09:38:01 EST

>From Rascal:
Craftsman...very disappointing lately..
I had a digitork torque wrench...it just quit clicking...took to my friendly
Sears store. The guy just shook his head when I told him it did not
work...he said it was guaranteed for 90 days! WTF? 90days? So, on the way
home, I tossed it into the Chattahoochee River where it will lay, FOREVER.

"hello Snap-on?"

Will echo the issues with Craftsman, last time I went in with a dead ratchet
they wanted to give me a "rebuilt" one, I b*tched and moaned and got a new
one like I should have.

On the torque wrench issue they do clearly state on the box/in the book that
they have a much shorter than lifetime guarantee on them. And I think that
Snap-On also only does the replacement thing for a limited time. Remember
that torque wrenches are a precision device and susceptible to shock etc.

Jim
03 qc Dak