Torque management-4.7l auto

From: Chris Lambert (chris@dakotausa.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 10:22:30 EST

well after hearing all the buzz about the Torque management on our trucks
and reading up on what the HEMI guys were doing i went for it and tried it
out. All i got to say is WOW. on the 01 4.7 Auto it is the yellow wire with
the green strip. it is the number 10 pin on the TCM. I found the wire and
snipped it (goign to be putting in a toggle switch so i can turn it off and
on from inside the cab when needed. I took the truck out and nailed it to
the floor and bam chirpped 2nd gear and it snapped me into the seat. Not bad
for a free on demand shift kit. Also no codes or lights. It seems that that
wire is theone that sends the request for the PCM to retard timing right
before the truck shifts making it all smooth. Cut the signal and timming
retard does not happen and it shifts are firm and quick. Next on the list is
to add a switch to disable it on demand.

--
Chris Lambert
www.eastcoasttruckin.com