Re: truck truck chest does not fit :(

From: Jerod J. Husvar (jerodh@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 16:49:40 EST

Good idea, though I'd stick to the velcro. Drilling holes into the box
might void the warranty. Superglue or hot glue and velcro shouldn't.

Jerod

---
Jerod J. Husvar - eBay: DreamWvrOH - I can list for you! - I leave feedback,
do you?
2001 Dakota CC V6 4x2
2001 Malibu V6

----Original Message Follows---- From: "BARRY OLIVER" <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us> Reply-To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net> Subject: Re: DML: truck truck chest does not fit :( Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:40:15 -0600

Ethan, Most any upholstery shop should be able to modify your soft cover to attach to your tool box. The worst you might have to do is run some screw-snaps into your toolbox [or glue some velcro to it]... Some shoe repair places might also have the heavy duty sewing machine that is required to do this type of work. Ask around, you might be surprised.

>>> ethan@ethanschwartz.com 11/17/03 12:24PM >>>

I bought a truck chest from Northern, it's supposed to be 36"W x 18"H, but it's more like 19", combined w/ my bed liner and mat makes it too tall to fit under the existing soft cover (it's sort of under it now, but it's bulged up, and I'm sure it'll ruin the cover if I leave it long enough)...

The reason I got the smaller chest was to avoid losing the soft cover... if I have to lose the soft cover, there's no point in not buying a full size cross-rail box...

I'm toying w/ the idea of cutting the mat, or just pulling it all together in the hopes that it'll buy me an extra 1/2" to 1"...

My pass floor & seat are full of tools & other assorted junk, so I need some type of secure storage pronto...

Suggestions? :) Should I exchange the box for a cross-rail and dump the softcover, or should I try something else?

_________________________________________________________________ Is your computer infected with a virus? Find out with a FREE computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now! http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963