Emergency Manuvers

From: Craig Rash (2kdaksport@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 10:55:57 EST

I was fortunate enought to miss a Jeep Cherokee this morning on the way to
work. My Dak and I were in the fast lane behind the Jeep and two other
pickups. and for some reason we began to slow down. I check over my right
shoulder to make the lane change and look back to see the cherokee tail high
with brake lights on and very close. No time to brake...CUT! I think I
turned the wheel about 90 degrees doing 50mph. It was a weird feeling. It
literally felt like slow motion. It also felt kinda mushy and and took alot
of counter steer to keep me tracking on the right lane. I'm assuming that
was because of the larger tires. Although I never had to make a move like
this with the OEM goodyears. Missed him by inches at the most! ...say a
prayer! Thank you Lord! and off to work.
It's nice to know that it's that nimble...

BTW the reason the jeep hit the brakes;
The two pickups in front of him were stopping in the fast lane! As I looked
back they were at a complete stop, half-way in the fast lane and half-way in
the median. Some people just don't get it.

Craig Rash
Black 2000 Sport CC 4x2
See details and pics at: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/2kdaksport/index.htm