Re: Changing Front Differential Oil

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 11:27:57 EST

In article <sfbb3900.038@mail.dhs.state.il.us>, DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us ("BARRY
OLIVER") writes:

> I just had this conversation with another friend.... and the suggestion
> was made to rig up a turkey baster and some clear tubing, but then I
> have not tried it, so it's one of those ideas that may sound good and
> work poorly...
>
> Another idea would be to stick that clear tubing onto the nipple on the
> bottle and snake it down from above....

The turkey baster is slow and messy, that is what prompted me to get a long
piece of hose and a funnel and work from above years ago on a Daytona that had
no clearance for pouring in fluid from below. Tubing stuck onto the nipple
tends to slip off and make even more of a mess. Much better to look for one of
those caps I mentioned before that has the push pull valve and a proper hose
barb. As I recall the one I got at Autozone was only a buck or two.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4