Re: Re: 4 banger gas milage?

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 10:44:40 EST

The earlier GEN-II Dakota 4 cyl/5spd trucks used a Mitsubishi engine,
typically those were pretty good for 18-22 mpg depending on if it saw city
or highway driving........

The 96' models got the 2.5 Magnum 4cyl/5spd which typically got really good
mileage.....the 96'I had got between 18-24 to a gallon and I had driven it
some 400 miles on a tank full and on a long turnpike trip it got close to
500 miles on a tank of gas.

I had only modified it with a MP header kit, K&N air filter, MP performance
wires set, and changed over to Mobil-1 oil.........

It would run rings around most v6 Dakota's and get 20 MPG on the average!

I just wished I'd kept that little bugger!

Ron-
01'Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
Street,Strip,and Show!