Re: Re: 4 banger gas milage?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 12:20:33 EST

""Craig Rash"" <2kdaksport@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:008101c3b051$683773d0$b90a010a@crashxp610...

> I have a CC 3.9 V6. I think my driving is pretty much 50/50 highway/city.
> I have been tracking mileage meticulously for the past 6 months. I have
> driven 8,536.1 miles and puchased 481.91 gallons of gas. Thats 17.7 mpg.
> If I really tried (kept it at or under 70 on the highway) I could do
better.

> I realize that's not exactly what you were looking for, but if a V6CCAuto
> can average almost 18 then I don't think it's a stretch to say a 4cyl
5spd.
> can average 20.
>
> HTH and good luck!
> Craig Rash
> -------------
> Black 2000 Sport CC 4x2
> See details and pics at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/2kdaksport/index.htm

Actually Craig, my truck has the same drivetrain, but with 3.55 gears (i
don't know what you have) and a slightly lower stance. I was able to
average 23.7mpg round trip (all highway) to the DML BBQ at about 85 - 90 mph
with an open bed. I'm running the superchips flash though, so that might
make a difference.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L