Re: Ram Road Rash (rant)

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 01:52:52 EST

<Snip>I got some quotes for spray-ins today - $415 for over the rail
bedliner
(Line-X) and $300-something for the rockers. The guy suggested some
type of Epoxy coating that could be painted afterwards and would be
"much more durable" - but I dont know if he was blowing smoke or being
serious. He also said something about a clear coating that could
on there. Also dont know if thats BS or not. But I should be able to
have him color match the Graphite Metallic color correct?

Also wanted to sell me an underbody coating/rust protection. SOmething
I should think about??

$300 for the rockers???? I paid $433.00 w/tax for my spray-in. That included
over the rails, below the rear window, ROCKERS, lower lip on tailgate. I
have the ARMA lining that I was told is the same stuff as Line-X. ARMA sells
the stuff to Line-X. As far as epoxy or clear coat and the high price sounds
like he doesn't want to do the rockers. "much more durable"??? Its a
freaking bed liner, Yes its durable! I can smell the smoke from here!
Careful with matching colors with liners, heard and seen about the colored
linings fading or changing there tint over time.

Not sure where you live, if its in the snow belt and or by the cost, Yes go
with the undercoating! From someone else.

Good luck! Keep shopping! Photos of my liner and other work at my website.

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2
http://www.y2kota.us
*----------------Save your bottle caps! The South shall rise