Ram Road Rash (rant)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 16:50:16 EST

Sorry - not specifically Dakota related...

I just gave the Ram its first hand wash today.. was nice out - figured
lets do it! I started scrubbing the lower rocker panels and under the
door frame lip - and noticed that the road grime want comming off.
Eventually figured out - that it was a billion chips in the paint. Upon
further examination - I saw that the entire lower part of the truck was
chipped and shreadded from the front wheel wells to the rear bumper.
There are large chips too that are all the way down to metal and have
already started rusting. I bought some rust converter and touch up
paint (after cusszing my head off for 30 minutes straight) and took care
of the worst of it - but it looks like crap!

Only thing I can think of that caused this damage was a trip to $hitcago
- near Janesville WI - there was road construction - and the road was
ripped up - no black top just gravel... and i remember thinking to
myself - damn this is going to ruin the paint. I didnt notice it until
I got down there when I washed it today.

Too bad thats not covered under factory warrenty. I'm either going to
get it repainted - or line-xed.

Dak Content: the Silver 89s are still mothballed. :-(

Seems I can't keep anything nice.

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes" -- Oscar Wilde

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/