RE: Torque management-4.7l auto

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 09:28:56 EST

I've got the PCM pinouts from '97-'04 (and some '05). The TQ Sense wire is
only present on the 2000+ 3.7/4.7/5.7L engines with the 45RFE and 545RFE
transmission. (Didn't look at the Durango PCM though.)

3.9/5.2/5.9L engines do NOT have this wire. (You can find the TQ management
feature in the DRB-III but there's nothing you can do about it with the
stock "Super Cards" that come with the scanner (reprogramming).

My bet is the fuel and timing curve for those with modified engines
(especially bogging right out of the hole). Easiest way to give an example
of how the timing effects the launch is with an old system I was running
(Superchips ICON). When the timing curve was left at "stock" out of the
hole, it bogged slightly (even with the S/C). Once I changed the curve to
give me a little more out of the hole and then relax it over the upper RPM
band - no more "bog".

- Bernd