RE: Torque management-4.7l auto

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 09:44:26 EST

You do realize that timing is related to RPM and MAP. With a higher stall
converter, the timing will change at launch - computer registers higher RPM
with different "load" and viola...timing changes (nature of the beast).
This is why you have them custom flashed to reflect the different parameters
(not necessarily disabling or altering the TQ Management either).

It also depends on the converter "math" used to achieve the stall speed
(this includes updated components with different tolerances or upgraded
parts with different ratio's inside the converter). I've seen some
converters that "claim" to be high performance from two other "builders",
but they are just loosened up internally to give you higher stall - poor
design and causes problems with lock-up, shifting, and launch.

- Bernd