Re: tailgate hanger

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 22:42:43 EST

Jeffery B. Denning wrote:

>>Hello list, been gone for a while and am back for more good help..
>>
>>I've a 99 4x4 and just bought one replacement tailgate strap from Dodge. The replacement is
>>longer than the remaining original, so the gate is only supported by one hanger when open --
>
> even
>
>>when I sit on it.. grrrrr. Is this a problem? I don't want to tweak the tailgate.
>>
>>Jef

Either the cables were replaced at one time with other cables that are
too short (how even is the tailgate when its down?) or the Stealer sold
you the wrong one - - if they sold you the wrong one I would take it
back to them and beat the sales clerk stupid (wait they are already
stupid) with the cable

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes" -- Oscar Wilde

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/