Re: O/T Dodge Neon

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 23:00:47 EST

At 07:58 PM 11/23/2003, Tom wrote:

>Stopped selling cars under Dodge brand in Canada?? THey are all what then
>Chryslers?

Yep. Well, at least for a while, starting at the same time Plymouth went
away. Their marketing department considered "Viper" to be its own
brand. They switched the Neon over to Chrysler brand, and Intrepids have
always been sold as Chryslers in Canada. The only real loss up here was
the Stratus, which of course is similar to the Sebring but I think the
Stratus looks better (even if it is a Mitsu).

Their propaganda was that Chrysler was for cars (including a minivan) and
Dodge was for trucks (also including a minivan).

They changed this a bit with the introduction of the latest generation
Neon. They call that the "Dodge SX 2.0" in Canada. Still no Stratus.

>There was a Chrysler Intrepid (no I am not drunk) on the local dealers
>lot. It had Chrysler on the trunk lid and the winged emblem on the
>hood. Was the oddest thign I ever saw - was that a Canadian Dodge Intrepid?

That would be my guess. I'd look to see if the speedometer is in
metric. (Of course, they might have changed that over, so that's not a
sure-fire way to tell.) It's funny, I've been up here so long, I saw a
Dodge Intrepid a while back and couldn't figure out at first why it looked
strange :-).