Re: Superchargers

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 12:34:53 EST

"Kyle Vanditmars" <kylevan@telus.net> wrote in message
news:bpsc2p$pqq$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Terrible Tom wrote:
> >
> > This probably has been talked about - - I dont feel like browsing the
> > archives :-P
> >
> > Superchargers on NON Multipoint Fuel Injected engines.
> >
> > Can they be used with Throttle Body Fuel Injection? would a Powerdyne
> > unit work with this kind of set up...?
> >
> > Suggestions, opinions, shouts of lunacy? Lets hear it.
> >

> One point, I don't think Christine would like you much... at all. ;-D
>
> I would almost think it might be easier, you could get a roots or eaton
> style, and mount a TBI throttle body on top, so you wouldn't have to
> worry about positive pressure coming through the TB.

Have you ever tried to find a roots style blower for a 3.9 chrysler V6?
impossible. Plus, for the application in mind, a centrifugal s/c will make
more boost.

Tom, your TBI setup shouldn't have too many problems dealing with boost,
although if i was you and had your history with vehicles and water, I'd stay
as far from a s/c as you could. Plus, if you're gonna be mudding (going
thru the pit) you need to be *REALLY* sure you're not gonna get any water in
there.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L