Re: Superchargers

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 12:53:36 EST

"Kyle Vanditmars" <kylevan@telus.net> wrote in message

> Aw, c'mon, Josh... when was the last time you heard of someone wanting
> to supercharge an '89 Dakota long box 4x4? - which is what I assume Tom
> is thinking of. Just custom fab something up, it could be done!

I have no doubts that it could be done, i'm just saying that there's no
roots type blower available for the chrysler 3.9. I'm sure you could spend
the countless hundreds getting one custom made for you from eaton, but why
go through all that trouble? There's more boost to be had with a
paxton/powerdyne/vortech for less dollars. It's not a question of "cool,"
it's a question of most bang for the buck.

If I could afford the downtime of my truck not to mention the countless
dollars spent dyno tuning, you'd better believe the Vortech S-Trim that's
collecting dust on my shelf would be on it. It was left over when I parted
out all my "junk" from the mustang years. I got the rebuild kit for it and
one of these days I'll get around to rebuilding it and fabbing up a nice
bracket to get it bolted to my V6. I'd eventually like to get really wild
with this truck, but that day will have to wait until I buy that 2006
cobra...

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L