Re: Superchargers

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 13:22:06 EST

"KenCo" <ken@kencofish.com> wrote in message

> actually, you just need a 1/2-3/4" alum. plate to make an adaptor,
> kinda like a 4 to 2 bbl adaptor but longer to fit under the blower.
> just allow room for the drive pulley mounting.

I could see that, however then you have to not only buy the blower, fab up
the piece of aluminum, come up with custom gaskets, and make sure your hood
will still close. AND, there's twice the potential for leakage now since
you've added another set of seals into the mix.

> do they make a 3.9 V6 turbo? that manifold may be easier to rework.

Dodge doesn't make one, but I hear that there are some parts out there for
DIY. Besides, a turbo attaches to the exhaust side, the intake really
wouldn't have to be reworked that much - only to make it flow better. The
exhaust manifolds/headers would be where the major rework would have to be.
Might want to check with Bernd, I believe he used to sell turbo kits. He
might still have a lead on where to find parts.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L