Re: Superchargers

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 10:08:39 EST

Josh Battles wrote:

> > just use the #'s 4/71 = 4 cyls. that are 71 cu in per cyl
> > 4/53 = 4 cyls x's 53 cu in. etc etc.
>
> That sheds some light on the numbering scheme, I didn't really know what
> those numbers stood for...

a lot of people dont! :)

> Interesting, I really didn't know too much about the 53/71 series of
> superchargers, my knowledge is limited to a small amount for the vortech
> that I've got on the shelf.

I dont think those are positive displacement blowers,
more like a turbo w/ a belt drive.

> > a huge plenum area, think of the old "tunnel ram" type manifolds.
> >
> > you could also sit that blower even w/ top of hood rather than just an
> > air
> > cleaner sticking out. If ya really got it in there, flaunt it ;P
>
> What would the benefit of having a huge plenum area be? Wouldn't you want
> the air to just be force fed more directly into the cylinders?

a lot of pros/cons on that one.

big plenum = air to spare, no lag, better mixing area
sm. area = should be faster throttle response.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)