Re: Re: RE: Head Light Wiring

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 11:48:07 EST

Hi Dave
     Many of the guys on this List complain about gutless headlight output on
Gen III's. I agree. Shortly after getting my truck I substituted one of the
several types of higher wattage halogens from JCWhitney. Mine are a bright
white 80/100w lo/hi beam giving a noticably improved light pattern to the stock
55/60's. No additional relay is required. Mine have worked flawlessly now
for 3.5yrs and 50k mi.
     Dakota stock fog lights have 37w bulbs which can be replaced by 55w
halogens to again improve their usefulness. Again no additional parts are needed.
 Correct adjustment of fog lights is to fill in the area from the front
bumper to about 80% of the area covered by lo beams. If they're set higher than
that they irritate oncoming driver's. I live in an area with foggy conditions
probably 25% of the year so this arrangement is especially needed. Yuppies in
their massive SUV's use factory fog lights on crystal clear mid summer nights.
 I assume it's part of their desperate effort to make an impression.

Paul Sahlin