Re: RE: Re: Beefy transmissions

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 23:19:09 EST

I remember when the 727 Torqueflite was consedered the most bullet proof
automatic transmission ever built. I had one in a car I owned years ago.
Of all things a AMC Matador coupe 360. It came from the factory with a 727
Torqueflite. We put a shift kit in it and it was very stout but the rear
end blew up.

BTW Bernd, I wonder who all in this group is going to order a srt-10? When
I get mine can i still come to Dak get togethers?
Lampassas and Temple dealers say they can order now and I will buy from
whoever has the best trade for my 2003 Ram hemi.