RE: Re: RE: Re: Beefy transmissions

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 00:04:17 EST

The best 727 "version" was the Hemi 727. From the looks of the 48RE
internals, you can compare it to the Hemi 727. Better planateries, better
direct drum design, better/more clutches, etc.

The 46RE uses 4-pinion planetaries, the 47RE uses 5-pinion planteries...but
the 48RE uses 6-pinion. More pinions = better/higher torque capacity.
(Unlike some other transmission builders who claim that the 3-pinion is
better - won't mention names, but they know who they are.)

APS Precision is already investigating the 48RE design and is, more than
likely, going to incorporate some of the upgraded internals into the 46
series that they build. When...don't know yet, but it is coming.

When you get yours....yes, you are still able to come to the Dak meetings.
As long as you let all of us drive it. ;) (Damn they're fun!)

- Bernd