Re: Re: Front Swaybar

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 11:27:18 EST

It was my experience that the aftermarket stabilizer bars made an enormous
improvement in handling, whether casually in turns or certainly in an emergency
avoidance. I recall the significant difference in weight in both bars, the
front especially, compared to the MoPar originals. I assume the original front
MoPar bar is hollow.
Owners not wishing to spend the bucks for new/thicker bars can also obtain a
marked improvement just by substituting poly bushings wherever original rubber
is used with their stock bars.
My front bar fit with no clearance problem but my suspension height is stock
as are my wheels and tires (31x10.5x15 and 2wh dr). The rear bar would like a
tad more clearance on the left shock but everything works and does not
rattle.

The "hobbyhorse" effect I found was due more to the heavy rear bar than the
front. This may be because the rear suspension is not independent?? At
highway speeds it is not pronounced. Going 30mph or so on a city street with lots
of side dips and irregular pavement is jerky, sometimes with rather stiff snaps
but it's still well worth the discomfort

Paul Sahlin