Re: Re: Front Swaybar

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 12:16:52 EST

Tubamirbls@aol.com wrote:

> It was my experience that the aftermarket stabilizer bars made an enormous
> improvement in handling, whether casually in turns or certainly in an emergency
> avoidance. I recall the significant difference in weight in both bars, the
> front especially, compared to the MoPar originals. I assume the original front
> MoPar bar is hollow.

It made a SIGNIFICANT difference for me, since my truck ('92 v6 2wd)
didn't even come with a front swaybar. Just the front bar is awesome
compared to before, the rear is going to be stupendous!

> My front bar fit with no clearance problem but my suspension height is stock
> as are my wheels and tires (31x10.5x15 and 2wh dr). The rear bar would like a
> tad more clearance on the left shock but everything works and does not
> rattle.

My suspension is stock height, but my tires are 235/70 R15's... I still
doubt being at stock tire width would help much. There's an excess two
inches (approximately,) that sticks out beyond the center bushings on
either side. IMO, they didn't measure things very well. Reducing my
turning radius by this much is not an acceptable compromise. It's
basically impossible to park in any kind of tight situation.