Re: Gear whine?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 17:46:38 EST

Michael Maskalans said:

> also rather amusing that they say to swap out the stock fill for
> something else if you're going to be using the truck as a truck.
> hmmm...

Don't you know? You're not supposed to actually USE any vehicle. Every
car commercial I've ever seen has "Professional driver on closed course.
Do not attempt" someplace in the microscopic print (yes, I notice these
things). Otherwise, they legally wouldn't be able to void our warranties
whenever they feel we've been abusive to the vehicle. Yes, the warning is
there even if all they're doing is picking up their kids at soccer
practice. Maybe that one should say "Professional parents with trained
child actors. Harmonious family bliss not guaranteed."

To be fair, I'm sure if you tried to drive any 4x4 the way they show in
the commercials, you'd probably break something before too long. Just
watch the commercial for the H2, then go check out the video of what
actually happens to them in the real world. Sad.