Re: OT: Jeep Damage

From: Speeker (a0004096@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 09:20:03 EST

Well, the good thing is that no one was injured in the accident. That is
going to be one expensive phone call for the person driving the Expedition.
There are different levels of drivers across the nation. Some can handle
doing more than one thing at a time and some can't. Too bad there isn't
some test that can be done right after the DPS office gives you that eye
exam.

I've riden as a passenger with people trying to use a cellphone. In most
cases, the driver tends to slow down (which may be safer for that vehicle,
but it causes slow-downs/road rage for other motorists), and or drift in and
out of the lanes (which isn't good for anybody).

In some states, they have HOV lanes for vehicles that are carrying more than
one passenger to zip through traffic. They should make a cellphone lane
STRICTLY for people who are currently talking on a cellphone (no phonys)...
oh, wait.. there already is one... it's called the shoulder.

Ta-Daa