Re: Intermittent power loss

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 22:21:35 EST

Jason,I feel for you on this one. My 99 V6 Dak acted
very similar. Bad intermittent power loss,and
sometimes it would quit when I put it in park. With
the performance,it felt like kind of a jerky
feeling,like the power was dropping out or fluctuating
rapidly,especially up hills. I always pictured it
being fuel-related or something to do with the torque
converter,but it never threw a code,and even driving
around with the dealer`s co-pilot device didn`t help
find it. I eventually did fix the problem,though. I
replaced the fuel lines,fuel filter,airbox,plugs,
engine,transmission,differentials,computer,all
wiring,all sensors,dash,all new glass,new sheetmetal
all the way around,and new exterior color,in addition
to making the vehicle three model years newer. I truly
hope that you don`t have to replace all the parts I
did to fix your problem! I had had enough after a
couple years. Steve P.