RE: Re: Lower control arm replacement (kinda long)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 10:21:20 EST

Tony,

Squeaking is the first sign of pending failure. When the balljoint is
squeaking (as in the factory non-serviceable model), that means that there's
no lubrication and/or metal-to-metal contact without any lubrication. I've
changed them out multiple times already (and not just on my truck but
customer vehicles as well) and everytime I've seen one squeaking, it gets
replaced before failure (and they're bad as is).

- Bernd