Re: Lower control arm replacement (kinda long)

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 10:01:30 EST

Squeaking usually indicates bushings. Squeaking is not a failure.

So, first off, it sounds like the shop may have sold a service that wasn't
required.

Assuming it was required, 99 Dakotas and Durangos were available with 17x9
rims and 255x55x17 tires from the factory in an R/T configuration. They
also came with 15x8 rims when optioned with the sport handling package. So
the rims are not any wider than available from the factory, and the tire
width is within factory available sizes. In this case I'd call them on
their BS.

Something you didn't mention was the rim offset. Do these rims stick out
further than the factory ones did? That CAN add additional stress to the
suspension and wear out parts faster.

TonyC