Re: Re: re: red antifreeze

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 03:44:43 EST

Gary Hedlin wrote:
> Umm... I may not be an ASE certified mechanic, but I can't see how this is
> even possible. I never knew the cooling system was in any way by the
> transmission to even have a leak like this even possible.
>
> Are you sure someone just put ATF into their radiator, and to cover up their
> stupidity blamed it on a "leak"???

Most, if not all vehicles have an automatic transmission cooler in the
very bottom of the radiator or in one of the endtanks. That way, you
get a modicum of cooling for the tranny. Very possible for a leak to
happen between the two, and voila! Your coolant is a little bit red and
your transmission gets screwed up if you leave it.