Re: Red Antifreeze

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 15:06:09 EST

>>> ttroidl@bluefrognet.net 12/05/03 09:14AM >>>
....so out came the red antifreeze, they flushed it and put in normal
green...I recall talk about this type of fluid maybe last year or so, is
their a reason for the red?
...and should I be pissed that they drained what is probably a much
more
expensive antifreeze?

Yes and no, probably yes. The red antifreze is the extended life, but
otherwise is mostly the same as the green [effectively, but not
chemically]
I personally use it because I like to have one type on the shelf and
that's what kind I need for my bike - and it works for the truck, too.
I suppose it's possible that your antifreze was bad, and they did you a
favor, but if I were a betting man I would say it's much more likely
that they took advantage of your friend's ignorance. In either case,
having green won't hurt anything, just remember to check it every now
and again....

Tony.