RE: ugrading 92 318 v-8 Dakota

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 00:18:43 EST

I have the M1 2bbl, 50mm TB and 1.7 rockers on my '98 4X4 CC. In my opinion,
yes, they are well worth the time and effort. Bottom end has not suffered at
all though top end is drastically improved.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

<snip>
Getting conflicting info re M-1 2-bbl intake and 50mm
throttle body. I'd like to upgrade my Dakota (have a
leaky belly pan gasket). Also considering the 1.7
rockers and a compatible timing chain, too. I"ve been
through the archives. But it seems that
recommendations are few and far between. Is this
upgrade worth it? Or should I just stay stock, pull
off my beer barrel intake and send it off to machine
shop for a cold dip? Appreciate any expertise and
suggestions. Thank you.
<unsnip>