Re: upgrading 92 318 v-8 Dakota

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 01:00:50 EST

will wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded with specific info. My
> truck is 100% stock right now. Just want to perk it up
> a bit. This truck hauls pretty well, except that I
> have a leaky belly pan gasket. Can't really afford the
> cat back. But I've saved for the m-1, rockers, timing
> chain, and 180 thermostat. It seems that those mods
> might be a good place to start, eh? Exhaust will have
> to wait. Maybe some head work, if the budget allows.

If you're going to be swinging for head work, I would think a bigger
throttle body would be a better investment before going that route.
Particularly considering you're getting the single plane and roller
rockers. If the engine wants more air w/ the 1.7's, and the M1 can
deliver, but it's sucking through a straw, you won't get as far.