Re: DML:Dakota engine

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 13:32:29 EST

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:49:40 -0500, pbatson68@yahoo.com (Phillip
Batson) wrote:

>Hey! Anyone happen to know if the Hemi engines will
>fit the 2000 dakota engine compartment?
>I was just thinking that instead of replacing the
>whole truck, I could just "drop" a new hemi engine in
>it down the road. I'm not to crazy about that big Ram
>grill on the dakota.

It might grow on you. I didn't like the look of the new Rams when
they first came out, but now I really like them... maybe some day :-/

When this has come up in the past, I think the consensus was that it
is "possible" but it definitely wouldn't be a drop-in project. You'd
have to make some adjustments so that the engine would fit
(height-wise) into the engine compartment and the hood could still
close.

-Bill