Re: upgrading 92 318 v-8 Dakota

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 16:12:41 EST

In article <br6cqt$t2e$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, kylevan@telus.net (Kyle
Vanditmars) writes:

> will wrote:
>
> > Thanks to all who responded with specific info. My
> > truck is 100% stock right now. Just want to perk it up
> > a bit. This truck hauls pretty well, except that I
> > have a leaky belly pan gasket. Can't really afford the
> > cat back. But I've saved for the m-1, rockers, timing
> > chain, and 180 thermostat. It seems that those mods
> > might be a good place to start, eh? Exhaust will have
> > to wait. Maybe some head work, if the budget allows.
> >

> If you're going to be swinging for head work, I would think a bigger
> throttle body would be a better investment before going that route.
> Particularly considering you're getting the single plane and roller
> rockers. If the engine wants more air w/ the 1.7's, and the M1 can
> deliver, but it's sucking through a straw, you won't get as far.

True, but he did say his belly pan gasket was leaking and needs to be fixed.
Might as well upgrade all of it while he's in there. TB can be easily be done
anytime. I plan on doing the same if my belly pan starts to leak, but I've
already got the other goodies (K+N, Mopar PCM, headers, high flow cat, 3"
cat-back).

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto (It's da woo whoooo!)