Nonsense (was:Dakota engine)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 19:15:07 EST

At 06:30 PM 12/10/2003, Jim wrote:

>Hey Jason! Did you get the power problem and the diff noise solved

Not yet. I took the 2001 over to Redline Firestone this morning. They
didn't call today, so either they didn't look at it, or they didn't call
after looking at it like I was hoping. They took it for a quick road test
last Saturday and they thought it was definitely an abnormal rear end
noise, but didn't have time to look at it further until today.

As for the '95, Bob hooked his scanner up to it and noticed a couple of
interesting things:

The O2 sensor appears to be toast. I'm planning on replacing it ASAP.

The 180 deg thermostat might be stuck partially open. The coolant temp
isn't going above 167. Planning on replacing that with a 195, as the
original reason for the 180 was trying to cure some pinging that ended up
being the belly pan gasket.

And to add insult to injury, the only car available at the rental place
next to Redline was a dumpy little Focus hatchback. Bleah.