Re: New Purchace :) (and no more Dakota!)

From: jonathan (jonathan@crazy-train.net)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 07:57:19 EST

        Yes, the truck was checked by my father, who is one of the top
mechanics around. He said for that mileage, price, etc. this was a great
deal. I know rentals are abused quite often, and im sure this one has
already seen its share of idiots. Though...it was also used, for about a
month (well, 2-3 weeks since they had it), by the dealership (actually, by
my 'connection'...I work with the lot managers wife), for their transport
(kinda). Dealers will take used and new vehicles out to town when running
errands or going out. This was the vehicle of choice by him. He told his
wife that he felt it was the best, smoothest Durango they had out there on
the lot. Anything that is wrong, will be covered under warranty (we
checked), and we also have connections still at the dealership to help us
out.

To me, these wheels are actually nice (they have grown on me). I understand
now that Sports are the base package. But, this truck has pretty much every
option available. That...and SXT's to me are ugly with all that plastic, and
the SLT's im not really fond of the chrome grills that we saw.

jon