New Purchace :) (and no more Dakota!)

From: jonathan (jonathan@crazy-train.net)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 07:29:51 EST

Well, she did it. The 2001 v6 Flame red Dakota Sport was traded in last
night for....a 2003 Durango SPORT! They broke even with her truck (said they
would finish payments, etc), which I feel is awesome. Unf though, they did
take the bed cover...which was less than a year old. But, they are letting
her have her aftermarket stereo, along with a stock tape deck that's in the
Durango now, and they will do the swaps for free.

She bought it at Chesterfield dodge (no more with Lawrence here in Richmond,
they sucked). We also knew the sales manager, and lot manager. The truck was
going for 20k, we got it for about 18 or less. It was used, so it only has
20k miles, and was used by a rental company. We were going to go new, but
they had a 32k sticker, with 4500 off. Not good to me, when the HEMI's
beside it were only 36. That, and they only had SXT's....and were not really
fond of the plastic fender and flares.

So what's this one got? Everything cept fog lights, flares, and inside
computer, really.

It has the 4.7 (cant remember the tranny and haven't looked at the gears
yet).
4 wheel disk...which I really like
Power everything
4 wd
tons more, really. So much to type!

We are going next week to get the fogs from the dealership (and have them
installed). Hrm...and maybe next year after the government gives her her
money back, she may get the fender flares. If not...duals here we come! Id
love to hear any 4.7's with exhaust setups!

Shes going wild. She didn't want to buy it....but didn't want to loose it.
She said the 4.7 feels so much faster and beter. I fell on my @$$ getting
in. In my oldsmobile...you climb down in. Her Dak...you slid in. Well, I
tried that...and completely missed the seat! For some reason, it feels much
more comfy.

Lastly....i don't think she has stock wheels, im not sure. They are not the
ones that you really see on all Durangos (kinda like the R/T wheels) or the
ones that were on her dak (the 5 spoke base sport ones). These, im pretty
sure, are 2002+ Ram wheels. They look like flowers to me. Its like 5-6
spoke....and they have rounded spokes. Just search ebay for 2002 Ram
wheels...and they are a lot like them. She loves em....im so/so.

Also, someone asked why would she want 4wd, if shes not going to need it?
There were many opportunities we had to take the dak slightly off road.
Also...she wants to be able to go out in snow safer (and yes, she does know
how to drive in snow). We also like having the option to do more with it too
(and the ride height is really nice...but that's a bonus I guess).

Jon