Re: DML:Dakota engine

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 00:17:37 EST

Aaron Wyse wrote:
> for a 426 I'd venture to guess you'll end up relocating the master cylinder,
> but since it is technically a big block.. it will bolt in.. And you say
> 600HP 426 Hemi like that is a difficult task. At the rated 425HP, the motor
> was just running, not even well tuned.
> IMHO a 600HP Hemi is a nice street motor
> Aaron Wyse

Agreed. The article Michael reffered to took the engine out of the
crate, put on an electric water pump and carb, and made over 450HP after
getting the jetting and timing dialed. Keep in mind, this motor has a
dual-plane intake and very mild cam. The cam and intake swap took the
numbers to a gnat hair under 600HP on the dyno after retuning
everything. That's with zero headwork and a set of stepped headers for
all tests. VERY impressive.