Re: RE: Cure for rich condition

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 17:03:33 EST

Whats your fuel syc set at james? I was popping that code before I backed
the sync off a little. It was sitting at 6 bouncing to 7..I have it now set
at 5 with no codes

Greg Conner
1996 RC
3.9 hybrid

>From: JAMEPC@aol.com
>To: aol@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: Re: DML: RE: Cure for rich condition
>Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 16:31:13 EST
>
>Ray-
>This is the same problem I was having a few months ago. Code 52 returns
>after about 200 miles of resetting the PCM. Once the Adapt Fuel reaches
>-600us
>(micro seconds?) on the Auto X-ray the code pops up. It seems the PCM is
>at the
>lean limit and can't lean it out any more than -600us. I assume the rpm
>flutuations and slight hesitation is related to this problem.
>One thing that I have not checked is a worn distributor drive gear as
>discussed in a recent thread. The drive gear has 200,000 miles on it. The
>engine
>has been rebuilt as per below with new sensors and 19# injectors.
>James
>
>In a message dated 12/14/2003 3:04:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>bpracing@worldnet.att.net writes:
>
> > Where's the rich condition James? Idle, cruise or WOT?
> >
> > What size injectors are you using?
> >
> > How much vacuum at idle? What is your idle rpm?
> >
> > RayB
> > http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/20KM1FD2KWBP.html

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
FREE McAfee online computer scan!