Re: Re: Moog and factory ball joints ...

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 16:25:49 EST

"Phillip Batson" <pbatson68@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> You have 2000 and you had to replace the ball joints
> already?! How many miles did you have on it?
> I've got over 50k on mine already. Is this something I
> need to have the dealership replace before the
> warranty is up at 70k?

LOL, yeah, I've had them done. They were all done twice, and 2 of them have
been done 3 times. They all seem to look very good ATM, but I always keep
my eyes on them just in case. Being lowered, I'm always a little leary when
it comes to premature failure. I inspect my entire front end at every oil
change to ensure that everything is holding together okay.

However, I've only had to replace one balljoint after I lowered the truck,
so i'm really not *too* worried.

If it was me, I'd have them check the joints out real good before your
warranty is up just to be on the safe side. You may end up being okay, but
it could be advantageous to be on top of the issue.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L