Re: Quick help guys(& gals)..... Also some body pices available...

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 16:49:24 EST

Josh Battles wrote:

> not to mention that the feds don't like it if you put an engine from an
> older vehicle into a newer one... that's illegal there buddy. I don't know
> if Bill will have to pass an emissions test (they're pretty lax downstate
> from here) but it may cause more problems than it's worth.
>
> That LA block might be a good place to start a nice buildup for a fuel
> injected motor though...

actually the emissions test is based on "yr." of
replacement engine, can be bad if block is newer,
same if older.

its also legal, you may just need to tell them, I wouldnt.

basic federal and all states law;

Vehicles with exchanged engines will be inspected for emissions
compliance based on the chassis model year of the vehicle. Except
that if the engine is newer than the chassis model year the
emissions inspection shall be based on the model year of the engine.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)