Re: RE: clear tail lights

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 10:53:41 EST

""Bernd D. Ratsch"" <bernd@texas.net> wrote in message

> You'll also need the reflector (two bulbs and two reflectors).
>
> - Bernd

Lies, you don't need a reflector. The taillights should come at a unit that
includes the reflector and lens - just like the stock ones do.

The all clears that I have look *exactly* like stock except that I've got
red bulbs in them, and since the lenses are clear you can see the bulb.
I've *never* been pulled over for them either, I've been harassed about them
while being stopped for something else, but no citations have ever came of
it. (I keep my bulbs pretty red all the time)

> to send them back and get a refund. but now i am in the search for a set
of
> completely clear tail lights. i know they are illegal but around here as
> long as you have a red bulb you wont get bothered.
>
> if anyone has a pair they want to get rid of or know where i can get a
pair
> please lemme know. thanks.
>
> jason

Jason, you might want to check with Brian Mulligan (mul1979) on
www.windycitydakota.com , he had mentioned that he had a source to get them
when we all met up Sunday night. He had stated that the ones he's going to
be getting from his source will look exactly like the all clears that I've
got on my truck.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L