Re: Re: Power Slot Rotors

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 10:40:28 EST

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> unless some asshat shop monkey decided to try his SAE set in there a
> little overzealously before he dug out the metrics and stripped the
> shit out of the hex hole. Then it turns into an all afternoon project
> because vice grips won't like to grab onto hardened polished steel
> (it'll flatten the nubs in the jaws before it'll dig in and grab). I
> had to cut off the protective rubber boot thing and grid a flat into
> the pin to get one out of my driver's side. And no, my die grinder
> wouldn't fit.

LOL@ asshat shop monkey. Sorry to hear that you had a problem like that
Mike. People like that are the reason that I do all my own work.

> I now have SAE heads on the left and metric on the right. was about $8
> for the set of pins.

you couldn't get new metric slides? and for $8, I'd have replaced both
sides to minimize the amount of tools required to do the job.

> that was almost a nightmare install, but more of just a real big pain
> in the ass. still very easy, all considered.

definately, disc brakes are cake...unless people make it difficult for you.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L