Re: 2004 Dak and Mitsu

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 11:35:48 EST

At 10:44 AM 12/17/03, you wrote:
>Have any pictures (drawings or otherwise) been released that show what these
>new trucks will look like? - Josh

None that I've come across.

I did read the following from another truck forum. No idea if it's true or
not.
"Today I was at the factory today where they build the Ram/Dakota. They
were doing
a pilot run of one new 05 Dakota. It was a full production version. It
looks nothing like
the new Durango thank God. I liked it a lot. I can tell you the front end
has a hint of
Maxx Cub in it but has more bold looking fenders and the the lines flow
back into the
doors. The front is also angled back a little. The rear bed looks like they
took the drawings
from the full size Ram and changed the scale from 1 to 1 to .75 to 1. The
truck looks bigger.
I liked what I saw. It is not an earth shattering redo but it does look
good and won't have
to grow on you like most of the new German designs. The front suspension is
a lot different
too. The 4x4 Quad that I saw being built has large coil springs with upper
and lower a-arms.
No greaseable ball joints of course. But the whole suspension looks to be
of better quality.
The interior looks like the current truck. I can say they will be only
offering the Dakota in
Quad cab and extended cab with the suicide doors. There will be no regular
cab offered."

Bob