Re: 2004 Dak and Mitsu

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 12:05:54 EST

"Bob Tom" <tigers@bserv.com> wrote in message

> None that I've come across.
>
> I did read the following from another truck forum. No idea if it's true
or
> not.
> "Today I was at the factory today where they build the Ram/Dakota. They
> were doing
> a pilot run of one new 05 Dakota. It was a full production version. It
> looks nothing like
> the new Durango thank God. I liked it a lot. I can tell you the front end
> has a hint of
> Maxx Cub in it but has more bold looking fenders and the the lines flow
> back into the
> doors. The front is also angled back a little. The rear bed looks like
they
> took the drawings
> from the full size Ram and changed the scale from 1 to 1 to .75 to 1. The
> truck looks bigger.
> I liked what I saw. It is not an earth shattering redo but it does look
> good and won't have
> to grow on you like most of the new German designs. The front suspension
is
> a lot different
> too. The 4x4 Quad that I saw being built has large coil springs with upper
> and lower a-arms.
> No greaseable ball joints of course. But the whole suspension looks to be
> of better quality.
> The interior looks like the current truck. I can say they will be only
> offering the Dakota in
> Quad cab and extended cab with the suicide doors. There will be no regular
> cab offered."
>
> Bob

Interesting excerpt there Bob, now I'm pretty excited to see what they have
to offer... rear "suicide" doors would have come in really handy many times
over by now if they had been offered on the dakota. When I was looking,
that third door was one of the things that I liked the most about the Ranger
and S-10. I wonder why no RC version though.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L