RE: Re: Re: Power Slot Rotors

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 12:31:52 EST

That's exactly the way they are on '92 4x2. As the original owner of my '92
I can confirm there should be no springs on the outboard pads. They are
only on the 4x4 which does not use the spring Josh describes above. If
you're using 4x4 pads on a 4x2 truck without the long spring Josh described,
your caliper will not maintain it's proper alignment with the rotor or the
caliper slides. Your caliper will be flopping around on only the two guide
pins which are in rubber bushings. See the '92 FSM for a thorough
description.

RayB