Re: Re: Power Slot Rotors

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 10:35:19 EST

""John Neff"" <jndneff@texas.net> wrote in message

> I don't even know what you guys are talking about. On my '98 4X4, there
are
> no removable springs on the pads or calipers. When I change the pads, I
> remove the caliper, pull the old pads out, pop the new ones in and replace
> the caliper. The only "springs" present are permanently riveted to the
pads.

> John
> http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

On the outboard side of the caliper, there's a "spring" that clips into the
outside of the caliper using 2 holes. Then the legs (it kinda looks like a
stylized letter "w") press up against the edges of the caliper slides (the
guides that are cast into the knuckle) to hold onto the outside of the
caliper. My slide pins only secure the inside edge of the caliper, they do
NOT go all the way through like I was accustomed to on previous vehicles.
It's a rather weird way of doing it, and I can take pictures as soon as the
weather breaks so that we're all on the same page if you like.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L