Re: Re: Power Slot Rotors

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 14:01:30 EST

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> On Dec 17, 2003, at 2:47, John Neff wrote:
>
> > I don't even know what you guys are talking about. On my '98 4X4,
> > there are
> > no removable springs on the pads or calipers. When I change the pads, I
> > remove the caliper, pull the old pads out, pop the new ones in and
> > replace
> > the caliper. The only "springs" present are permanently riveted to the
> > pads.
>
> I think I'm wrong. maybe there are no permanent springs.... looking
> at this photo
> <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/media/brakes/Pages/IMG_0936.html> is
> seems the two separate springs I thought I had are both attached to the
> outside pad, not just the retaining tabs. unfortunately I didn't take
> pictures of the backs of the pads....
>
> why Kyle said makes the mistake the shop made make sense, though. if
> 4x4 and 2wd have the same pads minus retaining springs......
>
> this is the caliper slide pin that started the whole thread:
> <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/media/brakes/Pages/IMG_0931.html>
> --
> Michael Maskalans <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>

I'll take some picktars later this week when the blistering cold settles
down. I looked at your pic of your caliper and it appears to be VERY
different looking than mine. Maybe mine is difference due to the HD service
group or something. That could be why nobody knows what spring I'm talking
about.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L